Diana Pharaoh Francis | Diana P. Francis | Diana Francis

Wednesday, February 10th, 2010
Crimson Wind (sequel to Bitter Night)

For those of you wondering just what Crimson Wind will be about, here’s a little blurb:

Max is a Shadowblade—a supernatural warrior created to serve and protect her witch, Giselle. She was made to kill and she’s very good at it. But there are some troubles you can’t solve with a gun and Max has run smack into one. Since the devastation of her covenstead four weeks ago and the revelation of the coming apocalypse, Max has been itching to bring her family back to the safety of Horngate. The only trouble is they think she was murdered thirty years ago, a belief Max has done everything in her power to cultivate. So she’s naturally a little worried about how they’ll feel when she tells them she’s alive and never bothered to get in touch. And oh by the way, mom and dad, she isn’t human anymore. As if that wasn’t enough to worry about, the Guardians have made a major move in their war against humanity and now it’s a race to save her family before they are swallowed by a a blood storm of wild magic. That is, if Max can even get off the starting block. First she has to deal with an enraged wannabe lover who can destroy worlds, a pissed off mage, and a pig-headed witch.

ETA: I originally said this would be out in October 2011, but I was mistaken. I’m fairly certain it will be out in March of 2011. Sorry for the mixup! If that changes, I’ll let you know.

13 comments to “Crimson Wind (sequel to Bitter Night)”

1. Vanessa Simpson
     · February 10th, 2010 at 3:27 pm · Link

Hey, I love your books so much!!! Bitter Night has to be my favorite, and I hate how you ended it! You just left me hanging I was saddened and I can’t wait until Crimson Wind comes out!!! I have so many questions that I hope will be answered in the next book!!!

• Di Francis
      1.1
       · February 11th, 2010 at 11:00 am · Link

I hope so too! I was mistaken though. I think the date for publication is actually March 2011. So not quite as long a wait 😉

2. Moonsanity (Brenda)
     · February 10th, 2010 at 8:34 pm · Link

Great news!! Of course October seems SO long. 😈 I may have to reread Bitter Night before then!

• Di Francis
      2.1
       · February 11th, 2010 at 11:01 am · Link

I was wrong. I think it’s actually out March 2011. So not quite so long!

3. Rachael
     · February 11th, 2010 at 2:19 am · Link

*beams* thank you!
    I am so looking forward to this.

• Di Francis
      3.1
       · February 11th, 2010 at 11:02 am · Link

Glad to hear it! But I was wrong on the date. Looks like it will be March 2011, not October. So a little sooner 😀

4. May W
     · April 5th, 2010 at 11:02 am · Link

I absolutley love Bitter Night and I think I re-read that book 3 times now. Thank you for writing such a wonderful heroine. I’m so glad the next one is coming out soon, but March 2011 is soooooo farrrrr away.

I know I’m over eager, but will there be a third book? Will it be as long of a wait as the second one? Thanks.

5. Sherelle
     · May 1st, 2010 at 1:31 pm · Link

I loved the book bitter night. I just reread it. I can’t wait to read Crimson Wind.

6. Donna
     · May 8th, 2010 at 11:40 am · Link

I loved Bitter Night and I can’t wait to read the sequel. I adore Max and can’t wait to see what to see what you have in store for her next!

7. Giselle
     · June 7th, 2010 at 7:22 pm · Link

OH gosh I’m so happy to know that Crimson Wind will be coming out sooner than it was supposed, I can hardly wait…

8. Raquel Gulley
     · May 26th, 2015 at 11:05 am · Link

I love bitter Night. Your the best! Thank you so much for writing a book that has not only captured my imagination but also my heart.

• Di Francis
      8.1
       · June 1st, 2015 at 4:44 pm · Link

You’re so welcome! Thanks for telling me that.

9. Raquel Gulley
     · July 18th, 2015 at 11:58 am · Link

I love crimson wind. I just got done reading it and I’m looking forward to the third book in the series. You truly are the best! When I read that she had changed her name to Max it just blew my mind. I love these book! And I’m defiantly going to read them again and again!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks