Diana Pharaoh Francis | Diana P. Francis | Diana Francis

Monday, April 8th, 2013
Horngate question

So my friends, if you were going to read a Horngate story, what would you want it to be about? I want to write one, but I can’t seem to settle on one choice. It’s like a box full of shinies and I keep thinking this one, but wait! What about–? And Oh, Oh! What about–? In response to such, I come to you to ask. Who would you like me to write about? Here are some I’ve thought of:

• An early Xaphan Story
  • An early Tutresiel story
  • An early Niko, Tyler, Oz, Max, Alexander . . . story
  • A Giselle story
  • What happens after Blood Winter.
  • Something with Scooter or Ilanion.

See what I mean? And you probably have others. Maybe you have something really specific. Ready? Go!

20 comments to “Horngate question”

1. Mikaela
     · April 8th, 2013 at 1:08 pm · Link

… Well, I would love to know what happened to the Grims.
    Otherwise something set in Shadow City would be fun 🙂

• Douglas Meeks
      1.1
       · April 8th, 2013 at 5:09 pm · Link

“what happened to the Grims” – that is always one of the more interesting parts of the books but it would have to be included in whatever story is decided since they appealed to the animal lovers in us 🙂

2. Shannon R
     · April 8th, 2013 at 1:10 pm · Link

I would be interested in an early story of Giselle. Perhaps the details of her decision to turn Max and what had happened to lead her to that…

My alternate is the story of Alexander before we met him.

I love this series more than I can say and I work to make everyone I know read it!

3. Nicole Luiken
     · April 8th, 2013 at 1:14 pm · Link

A romance between some secondary characters.

4. Douglas Meeks
     · April 8th, 2013 at 4:04 pm · Link

Am I the only one that wants to go beyond Blood Winter? (Since I thought the ending was premature) As a secondary choice a Giselle story maybe but I still hold some resentment for her character that was never quite resolved. After that the angels were most interesting.

• Amy
      4.1
       · April 8th, 2013 at 4:46 pm · Link

Totally agree with Doug on this one. Either more after Blood Winter, or more angel stories.

5. Susan E. Baratta
     · April 8th, 2013 at 4:11 pm · Link

I definitely want to know what happens after Blood Winter. I was so sad when the series ended. Go for it!

6. Bethany C.
     · April 8th, 2013 at 4:19 pm · Link

I’d like to see what happens after Blood Winter.

7. Mari
     · April 8th, 2013 at 4:19 pm · Link

Nope, you aren’t the only one! I want more after Blood Winter too! Second choice for me would also be early Giselle – only slightly ahead of an early Alexander story. Honestly, I’m sure I’ll love whatever I get!

8. Missy S
     · April 8th, 2013 at 5:47 pm · Link

you layout such awesome characters tool goi backwards seems wrong… more after Blood Winter!

9. Holly (FoundQuilting)
     · April 8th, 2013 at 6:21 pm · Link

I want to know what happens after Blood Winter.

While I would like to know the back stories of the characters I would rather they be a part of present time stories.

10. Paula Porter
     · April 8th, 2013 at 7:44 pm · Link

It has to be a prequel of Giselle along the lines of “Wicked” as the prequel to Oz. You’ve only touched upon the relationship of Giselle and Max!

11. Kimq
     · April 8th, 2013 at 8:54 pm · Link

After Blood Winter!!!!!!! I would love to have a story about the two angels. I would love for the two of them to find their significant others they cant live without. I also would like to know more about Shadow City. *Crossing my fingers that you would do a spin-off based there*

12. Rafaela
     · April 9th, 2013 at 1:48 am · Link

Agreed!!

13. Leslie
     · April 9th, 2013 at 8:34 am · Link

I would also love to see an early Gisele story – maybe when she turns Max, or maybe even earlier. It would be fun to see inside her head.

I’m all for more of Shadow City.

14. Brianna
     · April 17th, 2013 at 11:53 am · Link

More after blood winter.

More about the angels.

15. kathy
     · August 19th, 2013 at 1:40 pm · Link

More after Blood Winter!

16. iman
     · September 26th, 2013 at 12:47 pm · Link

“What happens after Blood Winter” definitely.
    but i would also liked to know Giselle’s story.

17. david
     · October 24th, 2013 at 9:41 pm · Link

more after blood winter!the series ended with to many cliff hangers.the issue with the grims wasn’t resloved. there is still the problem with the guardians,what happened to scooter and what happened in shadow city?there is way to much left to come out of this series to just let it go!i expected at least four more books!first time you hav actually disappointed me di!

18. Christina
     · July 17th, 2017 at 10:17 am · Link

Also… whatever happened to the hag from the first book? She was just left as a stone in some random place, from my recollection!

There are so many pieces that could be used to tie things together deliciously! I hope more is to come!