Diana Pharaoh Francis | Diana P. Francis | Diana Francis

Saturday, April 5th, 2014
A Horngate Witches Announcement

I’m super pleased and over the moon to be able to tell you that Samhain Publishing has contracted to publish two more books in the Horngate Witches series! The titles will be Bone Dreams and Stone Thaw. I’ll be writing them in 2015, and I’m not sure when the release will be. But so excited!!!! I hope you are too.

In other news, boy is still sick. More tests in the offing. He’s also trying a new drug.

We went to the first day of the Saturday market today. It was lovely. Lots of starts for the garden and a lot of greens and radishes and that sort of thing. A little bit overcast, but very nice. We need to make beds before we can start planting, so we went to the lumber store to check the cost. I really want to try this thing out, but it’s expensive: The Garden Tower Project.  Anybody have opinions? I like the idea of the composting and worms. The other idea for strawberries we are considering is something like this: raingutters.

6 comments to “A Horngate Witches Announcement”

1. Kate Larking
     · April 5th, 2014 at 9:05 pm · Link

Great news about the books! I look forward to them!

Poor boy. Sigh. I hope he’s keeping his spirits up!

2. Adrianne
     · April 6th, 2014 at 6:14 am · Link

Congrats on the books!

Poor Boy. I hope he’s better soon!

The garden tower looks interesting. My first reaction is that some plants are going to be in the shade all the time (north side) and they’re not going to like it. But it would be so much easier to garden without having to turn over the bed, weed, etc. Yikes! You’re right about the expensive part! It wouldn’t pay for itself in the first year.

3. Tine
     · April 6th, 2014 at 5:37 pm · Link

Congrats on the new books. Very exciting news.

I live out in Amish country here in PA. One of the old Amish ladies that I know suggested this way of growing potatoes. Use old tires.

Put the spuds in the first tire and fill it with dirt. When you have about 3 inches of growth, add another tire and cover the greenery with dirt. Keep adding tires. The potatoes should grow into the tires and you will have (or should have) as many layers as tires.

4. Leslie
     · April 7th, 2014 at 9:53 am · Link

What a timely announcement! My husband was just saying to me yesterday how sad he was that there weren’t going to be any more Horngate books. He will be so excited! (I am too, of course.) Congratulations!

I hope they can find something to help the boy soon. Thinking positive thoughts for him!

5. Daniel
     · April 7th, 2014 at 12:23 pm · Link

That’s GREAT news! Time for a happy dance.

6. Thomas A. O'Dell
     · June 24th, 2014 at 12:20 pm · Link

Hey,

Can’t wait for the next horngate witches novel… so excited when I heard there’s going to be two more!!

Hope the boy gets better soon…My sister has Aelos-Danlos (I THINK that’s how you spell it) Syndrome and her femurs were twisted enough to pop them out of their sockets and she couldn’t walk for 3 years. We went to every doctor we could think of, and no one knew what was wrong, they kept saying she was imaging it even though her hips were CLEARLY dislocated!! And then we found a doctor that believed her and discovered the cause and four surgeries later she is walking, running and having the time of her life!! So don’t give up, if you keep trying you can get a proper diagnosis…